Thank you for visiting my timeline. Here you can easily keep track of my surrogacy journey from the beginning through now. I will be updating it all along the way, so check back often for a quick recap of the latest details!
The clickable events will take you to a blog post associated with that event. 🙂
- Began doing more extensive research into surrogacy
- Made list of top choice agencies
- Picked final agency to begin process with
- 13th- Completed and submitted preliminary online application
- 14th- Got call from agency to schedule phone interview
- 15th- Had phone interview, preliminary acceptance into program, received Welcome email, called OB/GYN to request records
- 9th- Had annual OB/GYN appointment, PAP smear, obtained medical clearance letter from doctor
- 19th- E-mailed PAP results to agency
- 20th- Agency sent me “Great News” e-mail… called and scheduled mental health evaluation
- 28th- Mental health evaluation appointment
- 9th- Agency called saying mental health evaluation was great and ready for home visit
- 10th-Agency called and scheduled home visit for July 23nd
- 12th- Agency called to cancel home visit and will reschedule
- 13th- Home visit rescheduled for July 22nd
- 22nd- Home visit was a success, ready to move into matching process
- 24th- Submitted copy of pay stubs and completed/signed surrogate benefit package acknowledgment
- 25th- Got e-mail saying I was moved to “Active” and ready to match
- 1st- Agency called about possible match
- 4th- Agency called to schedule Skype with potential IPs on 8/6/14
- 6th- Skype session with IPs
- 7th- E-mail saying IPs want to officially be matched with me
- 13th/14th- Assigned case manager and completed escrow and other documents
- 19th – Discussed next steps and timeline with case manager
- 28th- Email from case manager saying unexpected delays from IPs
- 2nd- Call from case manager saying IPs decided not to proceed with surrogacy
- 19th-24th- Switched agencies and skyped with new IPs
- 25th-26th- Email/call from IPs fertility clinic approving me and setting date for med screening (Oct 18)
- 28th- Fertility clinic changes dates of med screening to October 2nd
- 1st-3rd- Medical screening in Las Vegas and telephone psych evaluation
- 9th- Agency introduced me to my lawyer (via email)
- 10th- Received first draft of contact
- 10th- Call from FCLV saying vitamin K is low and to start taking additional supplement for that
- 13th-Email from FCLV saying test results great and issued medical clearance
- 13th- Phone call with lawyer to discuss contract
- 13th- Phone call from FCLV saying she’s going to start on my med calendar
- 15th- Revised contract back from IFs, signed contract
- 16th- First monitoring appt
- 17th- Received meds and calendar, transfer set for NOVEMBER 11th
- 19th-22nd- Took birth control pills
- 23rd- Baseline appt to check uterine lining and hormone levels
- 23rd- Started Estrace (estradiol)
- 27th- Monitoring appointment to check hormone levels, levels great, started Vivelle dots
- 31st- Monitoring appointment, levels good, lining around 8!
- 1st- Skyped with IFs and confirmed we will be transferring two embryos
- 4th- Monitoring appointment- lining still above 8 and now have the triple stripe, cleared to begin PIO on 11/06!
- 7th- Final blood draw appointment
- 10th-14th- in Vegas for transfer, transfer on the 11th at 5:30 pm CST
- 15th (am)- 3.5 dpt negative HPT
- 16th (pm)- 5 dpt “squinter” line on HPT
- 17th – Lab appt to check levels, 5.5 dpt positive HPT, 49.5 on beta!
- 18th-20th- HPT keeps getting darker and darker!
- 21st- Second beta and hormone level appointment.. what will beta be!?!… beta was 408.2. We’re offically preggers!
- 28th- Third beta appointment: 4,236.4! Maybe twins??
- 8th- First ultrasound: Twins!<
- 12th- First appt with OB. Lost Twin B.
- 30th- Final RE monitoring appointment
- 7th- Finished with meds and fully released to OB
- 9th- 11 weeks ob appt and genetic testing
- 30th- Lab results say we’re having a girl
- 9th- 24 weeks! We’ve reached viability!
- 21st- Went to France to meet IFs
- 19th- Hospital tour and meeting with social worker
- 30th- Estimated due date
- 16th- Ob appointment and send to hospital to be induced
- 17th- Baby R is born!!!